IAT-235: 12 To UX and Beyond — A slide deck
To UX and Beyond
Covered in this lecture:
- Final considerations for P04
- Course wrap-up
To UX and Beyond!
Due next week
Things we are looking for:
- Briefly explain your process
- How do your online/offline materials assist and support users in accessing the necessary info?
- How does it support us in multiple contexts?
- Keep the presentation under 3 minutes
Do not open up your webpages and walk us through it. We will be doing this when we grade it ourselves.
Final Presentation Guest
If you would like to sign-up to present in lecture, you can save on having to attend your labs next week as a result.
Deadline for signing up for in-lecture presentations is 9am, April 5th
What to Expect of the Hubbub
Lots of 'pitching' your project to a lay audience, as well as some time to check out other's work.
How to Submit Your Final Project
A step-by-step guide
- Upload your website to your SFU filespace.
- Test all pages of your website.
- Build your presentation.
- In your presentation, embed one slide with the project URL.
- Please insert a comment in your Canvas submission with the project URL.
The Good Information Designer
Doesn't flee from a problem
- Understands the information
- Knows their audience
- Can make information accessible for the audience
Make Our Information Accessible
- Present information appropriately
- Present it clearly
- Clarify through interactivity
What we've looked at so far
- Identifying and outlining a problem
- Information architecture
We've kept it hyper-informational
Andrew Doesn't Hate Nice Things
He just needs to see them work first
Don't forget the order:
This week's labs
This week's labs will be a MEGA-LAB. Please be on time as folks from the City will be attending our crits this week.
Open Support Time
If you have a problem that needs fixing, we can chat now.
- Office hours — Tuesdays from 3:00-3:50pm and Thursdays from 12:30-1:20pm at the Surrey campus mezzanine.